It has been proven that the best way to lose weight and keep it off is by making lifestyle changes. To keep the weight off that you lose with any diet program, any changes to your eating habits must be maintainable in the long term.
As we are all individuals, what works well for one may not necessarily work for another? So we do not advocate a one size fits all diet plan, we offer good sound dietary advice, and aim to motivate you with sensible and achievable goals. With an optional weekly weigh in to help keep you on track and a wide range of exercise options to support your new healthy lifestyle.
The average male needs around 2500 calories per day and the average female around 2000. In order to lose around 1lb of body fat per week you need to either eat 500 calories less than this per day. Alternatively you can burn an extra 500 calories on top of your current activity level.
BMI (Body Mass Index) Guide
- Underweight: BMI less than 18.5
- Normal weight: BMI s 18.5 to 24.9
- Overweight: BMI is 25 to 29.9
- Obese: BMI is 30 or more
We will support you in any healthy weight loss plan you may choose to follow. We will help you to achieve your goals.
Steps you can take to improve your health, weight and diet:
- Cut back on your Fat intake
- Eat at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables every day.
- Cut down on Sugar
- Cut down on Salt
- Make healthy snacking choices if you have to snack
- Cut down on your Alcohol intake
- Always check food labelling
- Also remember the importance of exercising when trying to control your weight.